The Edenton Chowan Partnership, Inc. is an IRS recognized 501 (c)(3) North Carolina corporation. Our goal is to promote the vitality of Edenton and Chowan County. We work to improve the quality of life by promoting workforce education, awareness and promotion of our County and Town, and by providing information for potential retirees or economic developers to build stronger, stable, social, economic and community strengths.
Examples of our recent work include:
- Providing information to the College of the Albemarle about the farming and agricultural processing resources of Chowan County and the region as COA designed a new agriculture degree program;
- Assisting an existing industry with information about state grants to expedite its industrial expansion to meet growing national demand;
- Funded research studies to help the Town of Edenton and Chowan County better understand the feasibility of developing a senior living facility and an additional grocery store;
- Drafted Edenton’s application for NC Certified Retirement Community designation and the Golden LEAF grant that enabled county government to expand promotional and informational activities; and
- Supported and endorsed the Chowan County School Superintendent’s successful efforts to secure “Workforce Ready” status for Chowan County.